Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days..

I spent a few minutes this afternoon perusing the blogs that my friends and I updated regularly when we were in college.

I know this is supposed to be a new year, and on to new things, but sometimes you can't help but think about the past. It's fun, though sometimes heartbreaking, to reach back into a simpler time and see yourself as you were then. The snapshot of myself was circa spring 2006. I was beautiful.

It wasn't a physical image, but something I got to see in my thoughts and words, comments from and made to friends, blogs that friends had written that had included glimpses of the times we had spent together. I was just about to graduate from college (the first time) and the blogs detailed my escapades with classes, friends, theatre, job hunts, apartment searches -- a time that then was stressful, but I now look at with fondness. What I saw was a young, happy girl that was excited (if not a little scared) about the rest of her life. I saw friends that she loved, and that loved her, and supported her with everything they had. What an amazing time.

It makes me miss my friends like crazy. I can't believe that it has been essentially four years since I have seen or spent any significant amount of time with them. Sure, now I have new friends, but when people were such a part of your life and meant so much to you, it's hard not to long for those times, even when you know you can't have them back.

No comments: