Friday, July 15, 2011

Reasons to Smile :)

Anonymous once said, "Nobody cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy." That Anonymous was a smart guy.

Since my last post was fairly... horrible.. I decided that today should be a post about things that make me smile. Big things, little things.. it doesn't matter. They just have to make me smile. So, in no particular order, with or without explanation, here they are:

1.) My God. Pretty self explanatory, but when things seem dark, He always has a way of giving clarity, even if it's just for a split second.

2.) Football. I love a crisp autumn night surrounded by the sounds of fans cheering, lights buzzing.. I love the smell of the damp, fresh cut grass, the smoke from the grill, and the distinct scent of buttery popcorn. I love the "Let's... Go.. Tigers.. Let's Go!" chants in syncopated rhythm, and the crash of helmets and pads on the field. I love feeling my heart race as my favorite team nears the goal line, and even the sinking "woosh" of air from my lungs when a key pass is dropped. I love knowing that you win some, you lose some, but it doesn't determine your worth or importance. I.LOVE.THIS.GAME.

3.) Keith. :) He takes good care of me, even when I don't feel I need taking care of. (Yes, I know, I ended a sentence with a preposition.)

4.) Good grammar.

5.) My family - they're always supportive, even if sometimes slightly irritating, and they always know what to say when I need them to say it.

6.) My friends -- although I don't consider myself to have many true, true friends, I am blessed beyond measure to have the ones that I do. I am also incredibly blessed to have an entire community of sweet, and supportive acquaintances, who although I don't see them often, never cease to amaze me in times of need of encouragement, love, and acceptance. I may not know my "acquaintances" well, but they are special.

7.) My puppy girl, Asa. Her sweet bark lets me know that I was missed after a long day, and when she bowls me over and nearly knocks me down when I come through the gate, I know it's because I am loved. :)

No comments: