Friday, July 13, 2012

Whirlwind Weekdays

Well, I've sort of been slacking on the blog for the past couple of weeks, but things have been very... chaotic... around here.

Let me catch you guys up a little:

June 29: Found out that hubby was being sent to Ohio for a couple of months. Yep, you read that right. MONTHS. We had to pack, prepare, and generally freak out for a few days.
Meanwhile..
July 3: Our next door neighbor's house was burglarized. That's right, they tried every single door and window until they finally broke something and got in. Took all sorts of stuff, and even drilled the safe. Cue complete freak out mode for me, since I'm to be home alone.. so, needless to say, security system: INSTALLED.
July 5: Hubby flies out to Ohio. :( Cue violin music. We both pretty much cried the whole time until his flight left, and then some.
To take the mind of this sad incidence, little cuz and I went to every freaking flea market within a 2-parish radius to try to find her the perfect vanity. She's doing this whole shabby-chic bedroom makeover all by herself, and I have to say, she's a little designer in the making. It looks fantastic.
July 7: Worked and painted for 10+ hours in the youth building at church with one of our pastor's teeanged sons. Ridiculously exhausting.
July 8: Church, visit with my mom, and then that evening, worked 2 more hours on the youth building.
July 9: Worked 8-9 hours on the youth building with pastor, 5 teeangers, and a friend. Dinner with said friend afterwards.
Purchased plane tickets and tickets to the Saints game to travel to Ohio and visit the hubs in August.
July 10: Worked 8+ hours on youth building with friend and pastor's son.
July 11: Left house at 8 AM, drove over an hour to where I graduated college, picked up a transcript, drove over an hour in another direction to my school board office, sent off for teacher re-licensure. Drove another 30 minutes to my school. Picked up supplies, cheer uniforms, and dropped off paperwork. Drove 30 more minutes home. Napped for 30 minutes. Drove 30 more minutes to church. Worked on youth buidling for 2 more hours.
July 12: Slept late. Created cheer signs. 2 teenagers, a preteen and a mom in my house for 2 hours. Drove 30 min to pick up a kid. Cheer practice. Total team meltdown over 2 people having to switch spots. Drove 30 minutes to drop kid off. (Her dad had surgery, say a prayer!)
July 13: DREW BREES GOT SIGNED! *stir the pot dance* ....and now I'm off the shop for VBS supplies, go decorate my VBS classroom, dinner with friends, and then back home.

I'm really tired. I'm sure you didn't need my itenerary, but I just wanted to give you an FYI of where I've been. It's exhausting, really.

I miss the hubs. But I do love my life. :)

No comments: