Friday, February 18, 2011

TGIF - Thank God I'm FREE!

It's Friday, and I couldn't be more ecstatic about that. There are 2 reasons, and I'll give them you. 1.) It's been one heck of a week. 2.) We have 9 days -N-I-N-E D-A-Y-S- out of school. That's right, people, winter break! Soak it up. I am PUMPED. Who cares if it's going to rain most of the week? I can sleep in every day except for Tuesday, and I couldn't be HAPPIER!

Last night was pretty terrible. We had our taxes done. Yeah, needless to say, my withholdings were not enough, and so we are paying a lovely $3G's. My night did not go so well after that. I was fairly sick to my stomach, and although I ws incredibly hungry, I couldn't manage to eat a thing. This morning was rough, too. Still didn't feel like eating, and I was running late, and disgustingly, I was on duty.

Once I got to school, though, things started to perk up. Free Enrichment period? Check. I got 30 minutes all to myself. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hours had tests. That means it was quiet, and the extent of my work was cruising around the room to monitor their progress. 4th hour got out for lunch early because of my duty. Nice. Then 5th hour was planning time, and 6th and 7th consisted of a Students Vs. Teachers volleyball tournament. Teachers won best 2 out of 3 against both the winning boy and girl teams. It was 2 fun hours, and I got a little exercise. It felt good to get back on the volleyball court after so many years. I was incredibly rusty, and I feel like I made a fool out of myself, but I hope to have many more opportunities to play once we get our sand court installed at the church. I can't believe it's been nearly 5 years since I was part of a volleyball team. I completely miss the Dirty Dozen, if not all the drama that came along with it.

Now, finally, I'm home. It feels oh-so-good to sit here in front of my laptop in my favorite chair and just type my stress away. Sure, I have no idea what I'm going to have for dinner, and there are a million and one other things I could be doing right now, but typing feels nice. It feels like home.

Home. Glad I'm here.

No comments: